Monday, April 4, 2011

Rainy Day Lunch Getaway

Day two of no sleep. I may have been unaffected yesterday, but I am definitely feeling it today. All I want is warmth, something warm to drink and comfort food. For lunch today, there was no way I was going to the gym in the pouring rain - much less with how my body was beginning to feel. There are times when you’re tired and a good workout is all you need to get amped back up. Today was not that kind of day. I was beyond the levels of pulling myself back with a mere endorphin rush. I decided to sneak out of the office for the only thing that sounded good to me. Chili and a baked potato from Wendy’s. Think what you will, this sounded like the perfect cozy time meal. Because there were meetings going on in the office all day I knew I didn’t want to be eating my lunch in the office but I also didn’t want to spend an hour sitting inside of a Wendy’s either. I opted for a short drive down to the marina and ate my lunch in the car (it was pouring down rain) while enjoying the blue herons and the trains coming and going. Even on a bleak and dreary day, there is something refreshing about being by the water. After work, I picked up Mack and we headed to the grocery store for all the fixens to make homemade chicken vegetable soup. I knew that making the soup would take way too long to actually eat it for dinner so we also snagged a frozen thin crust pizza. I let Mack choose = cheese pizza, big surprise here, right? Mack really likes working in the kitchen with us and because we rarely buy frozen pizza, Mack was really confused by how little there was to do. After it was all said and done, he told me that because dad was gone, he would need to “roller” the pizza (aka use the pizza cutter) for me because that was a boy job. He’s already standing in as the man of the house :) Look at all those veggies! I’m hoping this soup will get me through Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment