Monday, April 4, 2011

The First of the Last 10 Weeks

After a great start to the week on Monday, Tuesday was a little pathetic. I am such a pansy when Nick is out of town. I like to think that I’m really independent and can do just about everything on my own. My circadian rhythm knows the truth! I can’t sleep a wink when Nick is gone. Monday I went to bed feeling tired from a productive day both at work and at home but I woke up shortly after midnight and was unable to get myself back to sleep the rest of the night. I hate restless nights - “should I get up and do something? I’m wide awake, I could clean! No, I should try to sleep” - two hours later - “Seriously? I should do something. Read? Watch tv?” - and so it continued up until my alarm went off, not so much waking me up as it was signaling the end to the possibility of sleep. Surprisingly, I made it through the day with little consequence. I do have to say, that for how much I’ve looked forward to starting Italian again, our first class was pretty lame. We have a new student (she took the first two quarters more than a year ago) and my professor spent the entire two hours of our class showing her how to use the website and online classroom. Less than awesome. However, I am looking forward to the group that’s taking the class. It ended up being all girls, but a very diverse and interesting group we are! I have one woman who is a teacher in Snohomishl her daughter is currently living in Italy teaching English as part of her Master’s program internship. We have another girl, who is a little younger than me, who is from France and speaks about five languages. We also have two girls that are college aged. The new lady is middle-aged and I guess the reason for the delay in her taking the class until now was…..she had a baby! Then there’s me! For there only being six people in the class, that’s quite the spectrum! I suppose that’s community college for ya. Here’s hoping the next class is more exciting

No comments:

Post a Comment