Monday, March 28, 2011

Co Op Lunch

For lunch today, I decided a nice walk in the sunshine was the best thing for me. This morning, Beth brought me this: She knows the way to my heart!

Gruyere cheese and Braeburn apples have been my staple throughout this pregnancy. Between the apples/cheese and my usual morning snacks, I wasn’t incredibly hungry come lunch time - but I knew I wanted to at the very least have a smoothie. I headed out towards the co-op and ended up getting a smoothie called “Tropical Fusion” - coconut milk, pineapple, and a bunch of other things I can’t remember. I also picked up yet another “we’ll see how this ends up” lunch. “Spicy spelt with Tofu.” Both were delicious. Spelt is a type of wheat and is 17% protein. This little concoction included spelt berries, chopped red cabbage, chopped red and orange peppers, chopped scallions, tofu, a light drizzling of what I assume was sunflower oil and some sort of spice that had a little kick but not too much heat. I loved this so much that I saved a little for Nick to try. I really liked the texture of the spelt also. While I was there, I also picked up a box of quinoa (never tried it!) and a package of uncooked tempeh. I really loved the “Leek Roasted Carrots with Tempeh” I got from the co-op deli last week and I want to try cooking with tempeh at home. Let me tell you, it looks disgusting raw. I’m just hoping I can get Nick over the grossness of the look and description of tempeh long enough for him to taste it. I know he’ll like it once he tries it!

No comments:

Post a Comment