Monday, August 30, 2010

Wedding Weekend




A little over a week has passed since cutting out coffee and I have to say, it’s harder than I thought. I haven’t had any withdrawals or headaches, but I miss the routine of getting a coffee as a break at work, or getting up from my desk and refilling my coffee cup as a break from whatever has been taxing my brain. Without coffee, I find myself getting up from my desk and walking over to the coffee pot, grabbing a cup, and just before I push the button to pour, realizing what I’m doing. After putting my cup back in the cupboard I think, “Now what?” I go back to my desk and go right back to the point I was stuck at which lead me to get up from my desk in the first place. Frustrating.

I’m sticking with it though, for now. As the weather has turned, I find myself longing for the comfort of a hot latte or the coziness of a mocha. If the weather stays like this, I’m definitely not going to make it through the next four and a half weeks. Coffee is a part of fall for me, so, as the season turns, my commitment might be broken :)

As I look back at my last post to try to catch up on where I left off, I realize that so much has happened in the last ten days. One of the biggies being Kyle and Erin’s wedding. What a fun weekend in Leavenworth (really, Plain, but Leavenworth sounds better…). It was so fun staying in the cabin with so many of our friends from college. And better yet, was being in the wedding party. As Nick and I walked up the aisle together to take our places next to the bride and groom, I couldn’t help but feel like it was my own wedding day, all over again… That rush of nervousness and excitement combined into one inexplicable emotion. That feeling when the preacher finishes and you get to walk back down the aisle hand in hand with the person you are going to spend the rest of your life with…. Needless to say, I cried numerous times during the ceremony. I am so happy for Kyle and Erin, so happy for the life they have together. And so happy for the life I have with Nick. So, so many things to be happy about. And what’s better than celebrating that with all of our friends?

No comments:

Post a Comment