Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A short one...

I am so happy! I figured it was a good time to put up a post -- share the joy!

First, I am so happy to have Nick home! He was in Utah (of all places, I know…) for most of last week and it is always hard for me while he is gone. I have no clue how military wives can take the months away from their husbands. I could never do it.

Secondly, work is going fantastically well. We have lots of projects again, and things are really coming together. We really have such a great team, and I truly enjoy coming into work each and every day. Not too many people get to say that -- I definitely consider myself lucky. The 27th of this month will be my one year anniversary :)

I am also really excited about a mentorship program that I have been working to set up between SCYPN (Snohomish County Young Professionals Network) and Cocoon House. This is finally a “go.” We are having our first get together next Thursday, starting with a BBQ to get everyone introduced. Basically, the idea is that the SCYPN Advisory Committee will act as mentors (close in age) to the kids at the Monroe facility which serves 18-21 year olds. The gist of the program will be to form positive relationships and positive role models for these young adults. But also, help with getting into college/certificate programs, resume and interview skill building, and all the rest of that stuff that us young professionals may not be “experts” at but certainly have more experience (and current experience) than these kids have. I am VERY excited about this.

This weekend is my mom’s birthday and we are starting off with a fun night out just the two of us on Friday. It is the opening night of Eat Pray Love, perfect timing. I bought the tickets last week and plan on going out for appetizers and such before the movie, dessert afterwards. Saturday we are trekking up to Bellingham to explore the city and do some fun boutique-ing. I’m sure that Nick can hardly wait! Ha!

I have lots more to share but, alas…it will have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment