Friday, February 12, 2010

Recap of the Week

Its been an interesting week. I have to say, that people never cease to amaze me, in both negative and very positive ways. In an effort to not offend anyone, I’ll leave it at that. But seriously, I was blown away this week both by people’s relentless giving of themselves and also by people extreme selfishness. A reminder to see those things in ourselves and work on some sort of inner balance.
I joined a new gym last week. I have only been in twice, once to do the circuit training and once for a yoga class. I really like it so far. If you are a woman and looking for a gym in the Everett area, I highly recommend this place ( Women’s Wellness Center ). They offer a range of group classes, circuit training, and massage/spa services. It is a gorgeous facility and the women that work there are so kind. I also appreciate that it is a non-profit. They use the membership dues to provide medical services (mammograms, annuals, etc) to low-income women and those without insurance. If you sign up now, its only $14 a month, that’s right each and every month, until you decide to stop. No contracts. Plus its 10 classes for $10 right now.
So that’s my sales pitch for them.
Moving on. We went to the hockey game (go tips!) on Wednesday. They had a fourteen game win streak this season, Wednesdays game was a shut out. Always lots of fun. Mackenzie is really getting into the games and asking what is going on and what the different calls and sounds mean.
Last night Nick and I FINALLY got some time to ourselves. If you know anything about our lives you know that is a rare occasion. We decided to put our IMAX passes to good use and go see the movie Avatar. We got down to Seattle an hour before the movie started and it was already sold out. Damn that fandango! Oh well, a short drive up to capitol hill, along with some awesome parking spot jockeying by Nicholas, and we were at one of our old hole in the walls from when we used to live there. HaNA is great for crappy sushi and mediocre accommodations, you literally have to go outside to use the bathroom. But its always fun and super cheap. Gotta love that.
We stopped by Whole Foods to snatch a bottle of PARINGA (sparling shiraz), but they are out, as per usual. I guess the distributor is out and has been out for a while. Note to self to find out how to order this by the case and have it delivered. This is a wine worth having on hand. Anyway, we grabbed a bottle of cabernet merlot franc from a local winery and decided to give it a shot.
When we got home we settled in with a couple glass of wine and a few episodes of the office. All in all, a good night.
Here’s my words of wisdom from the day (and yes, I did get this from a church reader board): “Give Him what is right, not what is left.”
This is something Nick and I are really working on together. I know the church meant God, with that capitalized Him, but I think it is good advice for a marriage too. Its so easy to come home from work and get caught up in relaxing or taking time to ourselves, making dinner, playing with Mackenzie, etc. that by the time we get Mack down for bed, its time for us to go to bed and we’ve hardly connected. Its just a really good reminder to give each other 100% every night, even if its just for an hour or whatever, and not give each other our left-overs at the end of the day. I imagine, literally, handing Nick a dish of pig slop. It’s a good visual, because that’s not what I want from him, and it shouldn’t be what I give to him.
In other news, if you know anyone looking for a website, I’m trying to get some practice in and get a portfolio of work going, so send me some leads!! It’d be free design, just cost of hosting and domain name registration. Remember Attraversiamo Designs, it’s Italian for “Let’s Cross Over.”

No comments:

Post a Comment