Monday, April 5, 2010

Salute! Ching Ching!

First night of Italian was amazing! The first hour my professore spoke nothing but Italian, and it was so fun listening to him ramble on. Mamma mia! There was a girl in our class who was just not getting it and he kept yelling this to her when he was frustrated. He kept saying ripetete! Repeat after me! Then he was going on and on about saying chi (key) instead of chi (cheee). “Chianti wine, CHIANTI CHIANTI CHIANTI!!!” Then mimicking “cheers” and glasses clinking he says “salute! Ching ching” The entire class, now very in tuned with “ripetete!” repeats “salute! Ching ching!” Professore stops. And I kid you not, the first words in English for the night are “no. it is just salute. Ching ching is the glasses clinking.” I almost died. It was so funny. Maybe you had to be there, but it was a great moment.

If you can’t tell, I am LOVING the class and the professore. I went straight home and made spaghetti (literal translation, many little strings) and had a glass of wine, unfortunately not chianti.

I am desperately searching for a good book. Any suggestions? I don’t know what I’m in the mood for, and nothing has really piqued my interest lately.

An update on the website biz. I am still trying to work with the guy for the clean/sober housing site. We still have that crappy flyer looking thing up on the site, which I honestly hate to even have my name on but it’s what he wanted and he had someone else design it. Other than that, he is the hardest person to connect with. We have the format and pictures all in place and no text to go with it. He keeps telling me he will try to work on it, but I hear nothing on a regular basis. I’ve somewhat given up. He’ll get to me when he wants it, there is only so much I can “make up.”

I am in contact with another design firm here in Everett, to help on a contractual basis when their firm is busy. This might end up being a great way to get some advice and learning opportunities. We’ll see what happens.

Arriverderci!

No comments:

Post a Comment